Judge of the Basmanny District Court of Moscow Arthur Karpov extended the Ukrainian pilot Nadezhda Savchenko for the term of detention in jail for three months - until May 13. This was reported by the correspondent of "faces" from the courtroom.
On the extension of the hostage, the investigator of the SKR Bokunovich insisted. He stated that it was not possible to complete the investigation until mid -February. The prosecutor Sergeyev supported the petition.
Meanwhile, Savchenko herself, taken to a meeting from the hospital of the Moscow pre -trial detention center “Sailor Silence,” remarked: “For eight months the investigation did nothing - I just sat in prison. 17 thousand witnesses that they are talking about, I have not seen.” She called Bokunovich and Sergeeva "clowns."
Her mother and sister, Maria and Vera Savchenko came from Kyiv to support the hostage. During the meeting, the mother of the arrested wanted to leave the hall. Before that, she decided to approach the cage where her daughter was placed, but the bailiffs pushed the elderly woman out the door. Later, Savchenko’s sister was taken out of the hall.
The lawyers of the arrested Mark Feigin and Ilya Novikov pointed out that Savchenko, who was holding a hunger strike on the 60th day, would not survive before the trial. They insisted at least on a hostage transfer under house arrest. Feigin noted that the Ukrainian embassy in Moscow is able to provide the pilot with a premises for his serving. Novikov, in turn, noticed that he was ready to provide his own apartment for house arrest Savchenko.
The hostage itself assured: "I will continue the hunger strike either until the day of returning to Ukraine or until the day of death." She demanded from the Russian authorities: "As stolen and return!"
Nevertheless, Karpov took the side of the investigation and prosecutor's office. At the same time, Lifenews announced his decision for more than an hour before it was announced.
Meanwhile, as a hostage lawyer Nikolai Polozov said on Twitter, while Savchenko expected Karpov’s decision in the convoy of the court, the head of the convoy Alekhin demanded that she speak to him in the “Churban language”.
Earlier on Tuesday, the Press Bureau of the Federal Penitentiary Service distributed a statement in which Savchenko’s health was called satisfactory . "Now doctors are constantly observed and supporting therapy is used," the jailers said. The day before, Russian cultural figures turned to Vladimir Putin with an open letter in defense of Savchenko. The document was signed by Lyudmila Ulitskaya, Zoya Svetova, Marietta Chudakova, Svetlana Gannushkina, Natalya Sindeeva, Bozhena Rynsk, Leo Rubinstein, Philip Dzyadko, Viktor Shenderovich, Evgeny Ass, Igor Irteniev, Vladimir Mirzoev and others. As of 23:30 Tuesday, the signatures under the appeal on the website of Novaya Gazeta were already left by almost 7.3 thousand people. The collection of signatures continues.
"The current situation requires your intervention to restore constitutional guarantees of human rights in this particular case. Nadezhda Savchenko should be released from arrest, and her life should be saved in this way," the letter noted. "The liberation of Savchenko from the guard would become a good argument in favor of the fact that Russia remains a civilized state."