
The international independent film company Knightsbridge Entertainment announced the approximate date of the filming of the new feature film “Putin” - Spring of 2016. Yesterday, the media replicated the information that the president of Russia will be played by none other than Leonardo DiCaprio, who in recent months is the most discussed celebrity, thanks to his role in the film by Injarrite “Survivor”. Later, representatives of the film company denied this information. Filming of the political thriller will begin in the spring, the plot of the picture with its main character will not be coordinated.
The top manager of Knightsbridge Entertainment Valery Saaryan shrugs, the company does not know where the information came that Putin will play DiCaprio. Saaryan suggested that the Russian media could be disinformed by the publication in the German publication Welt Am Sonntag. In the January interview, the actor only stated that he was not averse to playing the President of Russia. “Putin would be very, very, very interesting, I would love to play it,” the actor said.
Actor DiCaprio. Photo: kinopoisk.ruDiCaprio personally familiar with Putin, two years ago they met in St. Petersburg on a forum dedicated to the salvation of Siberian tigers. “Putin and I talked about the protection of these incredible animals, and not about politics,” the actor explained to the German publication. At the moment, DiCaprio, by his own admission, is far from politics, but a little familiar with the situation in Russia, where, as he believes, Shakespearean passions reign, worthy of adaptation. DiCaprio himself is interested in historical personalities, so he would more like to play Lenin or Rasputin.
According to Saaryan, four actors “first size” claim the main role in the film, and DiCaprio is not among them. The director will be shot, “who has two“ Oscars ””, but his name also keeps secret. The film producer will be 82-year-old Mark Damon, who worked on more than 300 full-length paintings, including “never say“ never ”,“ Once in America ”and“ Nine and a half weeks ”.
The project’s project can be found on the company's website , as well as in the IMDB cinema database. In an interview with Rain , Saaryan specified that work on the film was conducted for the last year, the final version of the script is now being approved. According to the channel, shooting will begin in the spring of 2016 and will be held in Russia, America and Europe. The release of the film is scheduled for the spring of 2017. It will be based on facts from the life and work of Vladimir Putin, who has traveled from the KGB officer to the president of the country.
There will be no preliminary approval in the Kremlin by the film script, they promise in the company. None of the filmmakers communicated with the President of Russia on this subject. Just in case, the company's lawyers “checked and rely” all the controversial moments, added Saaryan.
Vladimir Putin and night wolves.Putin himself was still not aware that his person would be immortalized in a feature film, says Presidential press secretary Dmitry Peskov. “First: Vladimir Vladimirovich is not known about this. The second: we also do not know whether DiCaprio (desire) has expressed the role of Putin if there is such a role, because, frankly, we have not seen any statements of DiCaprio, ”Peskov said.
Earlier, Oliver Stone announced the desire to make a film about Putin. On November 4, during a personal meeting at the Theater of Nations, the director told the president about his intentions. While Putin became the hero of only documentaries.