
Oleg Tabakov, the artistic director of the Moscow Art Theater of the Moscow State Medical University, confirmed his readiness to accept Yuri Lyubimov in his theater as an invited director, but so far cannot determine the timing of the start of cooperation, Interfax reports.
“I hope that we will really work with Yuri Petrovich,” Tabakov told the agency, “but this will happen only when Yuri Petrovich will settle all his legal affairs with the theater on Taganka and gain the status of a free artist.”
In turn, Katalin Lyubimova told the agency that her husband’s proposals come not only from Russian theaters. “Yuri Petrovich knows too well abroad so that he can be left without suggestions,” she emphasized.
“Now there are already several European theaters that have offered Lyubimov cooperation,” she added.
The director’s wife also spoke about the breakdown of the tour of the Taganka Theater in Greece after leaving the Lyubimov Theater.
“An agreement on tour in Greece was reached at the end of September with the play“ Antigon, ”says Lyubimova.“ However, the new leadership of the theater changed its decision several times and ultimately completely abandoned the trip. This put the Greek side in a very uncomfortable position, since they very much financially invested in the upcoming tour of the theater. Two -thirds of tickets for performances have been sold out, and for Greece, which is now in the economic crisis, such a lining was very difficult. I think they will sue the theater, ”she added.
Lyubimova confirmed that Yuri Lyubimov would no longer have any relations with the Taganka Theater. “These people are not worth spending time and effort on them,” she concluded.
The director’s wife has not yet confirmed Lyubimov’s readiness to declare the rights to the performances of the theater in order to withdraw them. “Of course, the entire repertoire of the theater was created by Yuri Lyubimov, but we will talk about the legal side of the case later,” she said.
Recall that Yuri Lyubimov officially left the Taganka theater he created with the end of the season on July 16 of this year as a result of a conflict with a troupe on tour in the Czech Republic. Instead, the theater was temporarily headed by Valery Zolotukhin.
Last week, it became known that the Bolshoi Theater was discussing with the director Yuri Lyubimov, who celebrated the 94th anniversary on Friday, the production of the opera Prince Igor. Earlier, Lyubimov stated that he intends to put a performance based on the novel by Fedor Dostoevsky's “Demons” and to devote it to the artists “Taganka”.