The Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Investigative Committee differed in the calculation of the number of deaths as a result of the flood in Kuban - the difference is 10 people.
On Tuesday, the Investigative Committee denied information about 170 deaths that had previously appeared in the media.
“A number of media outlets are disseminating information about 170 deaths as a result of the flood, which is not true. Data on the number of deaths disseminated in the media by various bodies often differ from the actual ones. The Investigative Committee of Russia has the most reliable information, since it is the investigative bodies that carry out the entire range of investigative and procedural actions in relation to the dead,” the Investigative Committee said in a statement.
“At the moment, 162 people have died, of which 3 are in Novorossiysk, 11 in Gelendzhik, and 148 in Krymsk,” the Investigative Committee emphasized.
Meanwhile, on the website of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs on Tuesday afternoon information was published about 172 dead.
“According to the operational headquarters of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs, 172 people died as a result of the natural disaster. 11 people in Gelendzhik, 2 in Novorossiysk, 159 people in Krymsk,” the press center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs said in a statement.