
The head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, explained the appearance of the Chechen security forces in the Ingush village of Arshty with operational information that the terrorist of Doku Umarov could hide, RIA Novosti could hide. Earlier, the authorities of Ingushetia reported that employees of Chechen law enforcement agencies tried to conduct a special operation in the republic without prior coordination. At the same time, they provoked a conflict with their Ingush colleagues.
"Information was obtained by the information that in the square of the arshta is a high degree of probability to be Dokarov and terrorists from his immediate environment. Given the personality of Umarov and the threat emanating from him, it was decided to carry out a special operation to block and detention, and in the event of armed resistance - neutralization of Umarov and his gang," Kadyrov said at a meeting with a meeting with him security forces in Grozny.
After the security forces of the Chechen Republic were not allowed to the place of a special operation, he noted, it became obvious that it was no longer possible to conduct the relevant events in such a situation, since the time and effect of surprise were missed.
The day before the beginning of the Congress of the Ingush people to the territory of the Sunzhensky district of Ingushetia, which is disputed by Chechnya, about 300 Chechen security officials invaded. According to the Caucasian Knot, among them were the deputy head of the Republic of the Republic of Alaudinov and the closest associate of Kadyrov, the State Duma deputy Adam Delimkhanov.
In Ingushetia, this is regarded as another provocation in the framework of the struggle for disputed lands. If Moscow does not intervene in the conflict, a source in the Ingush Council of Ingush told Gazeta.ru, the case may reach an armed confrontation.
On March 12, the head of Ingushetia Yunus-Bek Evkurov said that an administrative border should be created between the Republic of Ingushetia and the Chechen Republic. "The relevant documents after our republican commission worked out, we sent to the administration of the President of the Russian Federation, the presidential envoy to Alexander Khloponin and the Chechen Republic," he said. He also emphasized that the Sunzhensky district is the territory of Ingushetia. The authorities of the republic hope, Evkurov noted that the federal center will determine the legality of the decisions made regarding the establishment of the administrative border.
In September, Kadyrov put forward territorial claims to Ingushetia. According to him, the Sunzhensky and part of the Malgobek district belong to Chechnya. Kadyrov accused Yevkurov of trying to make a split between the Ingush and Chechens. In relation to the President of Ingushetia, Kadyrov made a number of sharp statements. He accused Yevkurov of capturing thousands of hectares of Chechen lands, violations of agreements, “provocative actions” in relation to the Chechen delegation at the celebration of the twenty years of Ingushetia, the blocking of the charitable initiatives of the Grozny. In addition, the head of Chechnya also spoke about the quarrel between him and the head of Ingushetia, after which Yevkurov allegedly apologized to Kadyrov through the mediation of the chairman of the coordination center of the Muslims of the North Caucasus.
Before the collapse of the USSR, Chechnya and Ingushetia were part of the Unified Chechen-Ingush Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic. After the separation of the republics in 1992, the administrative border between them was not determined. In this matter, a transitional period was announced, in fact continuing so far. As a result, the Sunzhensky and Malgobek areas remain controversial territories.