
In the center of Belgorod, at about 14 o’clock, the unknown opened firing at passers -by. Around 17:30 there was information that the suspect was detained by the police , but later the Ministry of Internal Affairs reported that there was no detention, the shooter was still ongoing for the capture of the shooter.
The incident occurred near the Okhota store on the people's boulevard.
“A man drove up to the BMW car, entered the store where four people shot him, after which he went out into the street, where he killed two more people, after which he disappeared in his car,” the Ministry of Internal Affairs press center said .
Later, the Ministry of Internal Affairs specified that there could be two attackers. Attackers tried to escape from the scene of the incident in the car, however, leaving, collided with another car: “The woman - the driver of this car saw criminals
", - said in the police.According to the updated information, six people were killed as a result of shooting: three store sellers and two passers -by, another girl died in the hospital. At first it was reported about two, later - about five dead.
Evgeny Savchenko, the governor of the region, arrived at the scene, forensic scientists were sent to investigate the incident from Moscow. The area where the criminals could hide was cordoned off.
#Belgorod . Suspect -31 -year -old recidivist Sergey Pomazun
- Belgorod News (@novostibelgorod) April 22, 2013
“Belgorod shooter, according to preliminary data, is Sergey Pomazun, born in 1981, previously convicted four times for various crimes, mainly for theft, ” Interfax reports . - According to the father of the suspect, Alexander Pomazun, his son took the Saiga and IZH hunting rifles from the house, as well as a traumatic gun. According to the preliminary version, Bazun tried to make a robbery on the Okhota store .Update : The Ministry of Internal Affairs in the Belgorod Region spread a photograph of the suspect Sergei Pomazun and asks the city’s inhabitants not to leave their houses, until the police operation is over. Apparently, the criminal remains non -dumb.
In connection with the incident, a criminal case was opened under Article 105 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (the murder of two or more persons).