
The Bolshoi Ballet Prime Minister Nikolai Tsiscaridze is notified that a fixed -term employment contract will not extend with him. From July 1, he will not work in the theater, the head of the press service of the State Academic Bolshoi Theater Katerina Novikova told Interfax on Saturday.
"On June 7, Tsiscaridze submitted a notification that a fixed -term employment contract would not be extended with him," Novikova said. He works in the theater under two contracts: as a prime minister and as a teacher-refiter. The term of both contracts expires on June 30. “Accordingly, this will be the last working day of Tsiscaridze,” Novikova said.
She refrained from commenting on the reasons for the non -transmission of labor relations with the artist. She only noted that in case of refusal to extend the fixed -term employment contract, the employer is not obliged to motivate his decision.
Tsiscaridze himself has repeatedly stated that the leadership of the theater is surviving him. “They gain people from the side, and those who worked for many years do not allow to dance. The last time I danced at the Bolshoi Theater on March 16, and the next performance will be only in the last days of May,” the actor said in the April interview with Izvestia .
The conflict of Tsiscaridze has been stretching with the leadership for several years. He publicly accused the administration in large -scale violations during the reconstruction of the historical building and in pressure on artists. The administration, on the other hand, began to declare him reprimands for inappropriate communication with the press, and also gradually reduced the number of performances with his participation. After the next reprimand, Tsiscaridze refused to communicate with the press so that he would not be fired. But, apparently, this did not help.
The confrontation between the leadership of the theater and the dancer worsened after the attack on the artistic director of the ballet troupe Sergei Filin. Then in the media there was information that Tsiscaridze could be involved in the incident. Some publications said that, according to the dancer, the press service and general director of the theater Anatoly Ixanov use the situation for personal purposes, accusing people working in the theater, of involvement in this tragedy. The Gabt administration said earlier that it was not conducting a campaign against Tsiscaridze.