
The Voice movement will receive a presidential grant that he had previously been denied. This was reported by Kommersant with reference to Ella Pamfilov, the head of the Civil Dignity organization, one of the presidential grant operator. According to the publication, the “voice” - more precisely, the Voice -Ural fund, on behalf of which the movement filed an application - will be allocated one of the largest grants. Its amount is not yet called, however, it is known that the Voice itself requested 8.93 million rubles to observe the election.
The final results of the competition for the receipt of presidential grants will be summed up on Wednesday. In total, "civil dignity" will distribute 200 million rubles; Another 25 million will distribute the Knowledge Society and the National Charity Fund. In addition to the “vote”, the funds will be allocated, in particular, the Moscow Helsinki group, the Memorial Society and the Agora Association, which have already received grants in August, when the presidential 2.32 billion rubles were distributed.
In the summer, President Vladimir Putin ordered to lay 500 million rubles in the draft budget for 2014 for the distribution of grants by “civil dignity”. Pamfilova said that the Kremlin administration discusses the idea of holding two competitions a year. “Most likely, it will be so,” she said. The head of the "civil dignity" approved this initiative, explaining that in this order it would be easier for non -profit organizations to survive.
On July 15, it became known that the Voice submits an application for the presidential grant. The co-chairman of the Council of Movement Grigory Melkonian said then that the NGO was counting on the amount of 13-14 million rubles. However, at the end of August it became known that the “Voice” is the only one of the well -known human rights publications that is denied Grant . The refusal was explained by the fact that the movement does not want to obey the law on "foreign agents".
In fact, a number of NPOs who received foreign financing refused to register under the new law and tried to appeal prosecutorial warnings in court. However, this did not become an obstacle to their presidential grants in August. “The administration is afraid of everything related to the control of the elections, since this is what everything is based on. They agree to recognize the existence of corruption, problems in the army and places of detention, social problems, but the elections, according to their statements, are the best in the world,” Melkogonets commented on the news of the refusal of Melkonets.