© Sergey Korolkov. Illustration for the novel "Quiet Don." 1935With the support of the Ministry of Culture, it is planned to produce several new television series, including “Decembrists”, “Demons”, “In August of the 44th” and the adaptation of the novel by Mikhail Sholokhov “Quiet Don”.
This was announced today, February 12, at a press conference at ITAR-TASS, Minister of Culture Vladimir Medinsky. He added that documentary series will receive support for his ministry.
Medinsky especially highlighted the “rapprochement of all participants in the film industry”-the Ministry of Culture and the Film Foundation actively interacted with the Union of filmmakers, manufacturing companies. “Now we are a single close -knit team,” the minister emphasized.
He also said that since last year the Ministry of Culture drew attention to the quality of the released series. “In the best case, this is“ my beautiful nanny ”, in the worst, solid“ cops ”and“ thieves ”,” Medinsky explained.
The minister said that this is a “very high indicator” about the share of the box office of Russian films last year, which was 18%. “But I would not call these successes outstanding,” he said. “I would call them outstanding if at least half of the fees went to Russian cinema.” We will strive for this. ”
The Minister of Culture believes that Russian cinema needs protectionism: “Protectionism is needed, forms must be discussed. You can’t give everything to the principle of "the market will arrange everything." No, he will not suit. "
Medinsky added that Russian cinema “compete on equal terms with Hollywood” and recalled that quotas were introduced in many countries of the world. “We are in no hurry, we think, but we must strategically defend our cinema,” the minister said. “We are working on this, we will consult, consult with experts.”