
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko is ready on Friday at 14:00 Kyiv time to order the forces of an anti -terrorist operation in eastern Ukraine to cease fire. He stated this on the air of TSN after a meeting with the leaders of NATO countries at the Alliance summit in Wales. The condition of the ceasefire will be the beginning of peace negotiations in Minsk.
Ukraine never wanted a war and was already tired of it, so he will do everything possible to return the world, Poroshenko noted .
The meeting of Poroshenko with British Prime Minister David Cameron, US President Barack Obama, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Italy Prime Minister Mateo Renzi and France President Francois Hollande lasted more than an hour instead of the planned 30 minutes. This was reported by the press secretary of the Ukrainian president Svyatoslav Tsegolko.
"Today, in the resolution of the NATO summit, there will be a clear confirmation that Ukraine has support from NATO," Twitter Poroshenko said . In addition, it is noted that NATO supports bilateral decisive actions of member countries to ensure the military-technical support of Ukraine.
Earlier on Thursday, NATO Secretary General Anders Fogg Rasmussen accused Russia of direct aggression against Ukraine . "We are dealing with a radically changed security situation. In the east, Russia attacks Ukraine," Rasmussen said. When asked about the plan of Russian President Vladimir Putin to peacefully settle the conflict, Rasmussen replied that the Alliance welcomes such attempts, but only what is happening in practice.
The Supreme Commander -in -Chief of the United Armed Forces of NATO in Europe, Philip Bridlav, was also critical of Putin's plan. “I do not have much confidence in the fact that Putin laid out on the table,” the general noted. “The proposal for the ceasefire when the offensive of the Russian troops within Ukraine continues, I think that this is an empty phrase.”