© Press Service of the Culture Committee of St. PetersburgVladimir Kekhman, recently appointed by the director of the Novosibirsk Opera and Ballet Theater, will leave the post of director of the Mikhailovsky Theater, remaining his artistic director.
This was announced today, April 2, the Minister of Culture Vladimir Medinsky told the 100 TV channel.
“We have an agreement that Vladimir Abramovich will remain the artistic director of the Mikhailovsky Theater, and administrative and financial functions will be transferred to someone else,” the minister said.
“But this issue is not resolved in one day. He added. “We must find a candidate that would arrange the leadership of St. Petersburg in the first place.”
The director of the Novosibirsk Opera and Ballet Theater, Vladimir Kekhman, was appointed at the end of March, after the former director, Boris Mezdrich, was dismissed by the Ministry of Culture in connection with the scandal around the production of the Tangaizer opera.
Vladimir Kekhman is the founder of the JFC group of companies, which is engaged in fruit imports. Vedomosti reports that today in nine cities of Russia searches in JFC firms have been held. According to the source of the newspaper, the purpose of the searches is to study the “parallel business” of Kekhman, the establishment of companies and nominal leaders attracted by him to conceal and withdraw previously stolen funds.
PS Kekhman himself is sure that the searches in the firms of the JFC group are related to its recent appointment, TASS reports. “I am convinced of this,” he said. “Now more and more information comes to me and a little later - maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, when I will have all the information - I can make a more accurate comment on this topic.”
“Of course, I have never had anything to do with these companies, and the investigation knows perfectly well,” Kekhman added.