
The case of Estonian Coherer Safety Police, stolen by the FSB and accused of espionage, entered the Pskov Regional Court. This was reported by Interfax with reference to the press secretary of the court Julia Pron.
The official said that on Tuesday, a meeting should be held to extend the Kokhver period of detention: the arrest of the prisoner expires on June 5. From the agency’s message, however, it is not clear whether this is the present day or Tuesday next week - June 2. Interfax information appeared after 16:00 Moscow time, that is, less than 2 hours before the end of the working day in the courts.
After extending the arrest, the pronn added, the date of consideration of the case on the merits will be set for several days. The official did not specify whether it is supposed to hold preliminary hearings on the case and if so, whether the question of extending the arrest will be considered within the framework of preliminary hearings.
According to the FSB, Kokhver was detained on September 5, 2014 in the Pskov region, when he carried out an intelligence operation. The special service states that with him a gun, equipment for a hidden record and 5 thousand euros were discovered with him.
In Estonia, however, they insist that the FSB abducted Kochver in Estonian territory - near the border post of Luhamaa, where the officer was engaged in the prevention of crime associated with smuggling. The abducted was taken to Russia, threatening the murder, emphasizes the Estonian side.
On September 10, the Estonian Foreign Ministry said that to protect the officer to the country's government, lawyers Mark Feigin and Nikolai Polozov hired. However, a week later it became known that Kokhver refused their services. Now the interests of the abducted are represented by an appointed lawyer Evgeny Aksenov.
On April 28, it became known that the final charge was charged . The officer was charged with Article 276 (espionage), 226.1 (smuggling of weapons) and 322 Criminal Code (illegal crossing of the border). According to article 276, the abducted faces 10 to 20 years in the colony.
At that time, the case had already gone to the prosecutor’s office, although Kokhver and Aksenov have not yet familiarized themselves with its materials. It was assumed that the familiarization would take place while the indictment is approved in the supervisory department.
On March 20, it was reported that the Russian government invited Vladimir Putin to notify Estonia of the exit from a bilateral agreement on the transfer of persons sentenced to deprivation of liberty. Thus, now Citizens of Estonia convicted in Russia will serve sentences in Russian places of imprisonment and vice versa.