
The Russian Ministry of Justice received from the Ukrainian side a package of documents on the transfer of Nadezhda Savchenko. According to RBC, the Minister of Justice Alexander Konovalov announced this. According to him, now there are a collection and verification of documents.
Konovalov emphasized that the procedure is “its turn”. At the same time, he noted that the process of returning to his homeland to serve the punishment of Russians Evgeny Erofeev and Alexander Alexandrov has not yet begun.
“This is a tripartite deal. They must express a desire and write an appeal. But so far such appeal has not been received,” the minister explained.
On April 20, the Russian Ministry of Justice announced the receipt from the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine a request for the provision of documents necessary for the issuance of Savchenko to his homeland. The terms for consideration of such requests are not regulated by an international treaty, officials noted. The very issue of Savchenko’s extradition, added to the Ministry of Justice, will be decided in accordance with the norms of the Convention on the transfer of convicted persons to be decided by the court.
On the evening of April 18, President Petro Poroshenko, in a telephone conversation with Vladimir Putin , called on the interlocutor to immediately release Savchenko . The heads of state also affected the fate of the special forces of the Russian GRU Evgeny Erofeev and Alexander Alexandrov, earlier on Monday convicted in Ukraine by 14 years of colony on charges of armed aggression and terrorism.
On April 19, Poroshenko said that during the past conversation, he agreed with Putin the algorithm for the liberation of Savchenko .
However, on May 10, the lawyer of the special forces Erofeeva Oksana Sokolovskaya said that the negotiations on the exchange were suspended . According to her, Russia, and Ukraine took a pause in this matter, since "there were certain agreements that have not yet been implemented." It is possible that the parties are waiting for the entry into force of the sentence to Erofeev and Aleksandrov, Sokolovskaya added.
The defender noted that according to her information, the exchange was planned before the May holidays. Since this did not happen, it does not exclude the appeal of an appeal for the verdict of the Goloseevsky District Court of Kyiv, issued by Erofeev and Alexandrov. If this is not done, then, according to the lawyer, the special forces will be deprived of any right to appeal the sentence, including in the European Court of Human Rights.
The sentence to the Russians will enter into force on May 23. The protection of special forces intends to decide on the appeal of an approximately on May 20.
Sokolovskaya also reported new details of possible exchange. According to her, agreements were previously reached, in particular, suggesting the exchange of convicts through the procedure for pardon by the presidents of Russia and Ukraine. Meanwhile, at the end of March, Savchenko herself forbade her lawyers to submit an appeal on a sentence or a petition for pardon on her behalf.