
The International Criminal Court in the Hague recognized the evidence of Russian war crimes in eastern Ukraine submitted by Kyiv. As Interfax-Ukraine reports , the Prosecutor General of the country Yuri Lutsenko announced this.
"Yesterday, in the office of the prosecutor of Musa (Fatu Bensi. - Ed.) We considered the evidence that during the events near Ilovaisk, the Russian Federation introduced the regular forces of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation into the rear of our troops, violated the agreement on the" green corridor "to retreat our military, which were sometimes in the 18th minority, and also masked its equipment for Ukrainian," said he said Prosecutor General.
In addition, Lutsenko continued, Ukraine submitted data on extrajudicial executions, including executions on the spot, as well as torture and abductions of people. “All this falls under the definition of a war crime and a crime against humanity,” he emphasized.
“Our evidence is recognized as very serious,” the official noted. He added that now the Hague Tribunal and the office of the Bensi prosecutor are proceeding to official procedures that can take for a long time.
“We say,” said the Prosecutor General of Ukraine, “about the need to consider the role of the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation (Sergey Shoigu. - Ed.), 18 generals, 2 admirals and a number of another officials of the RF Armed Forces, who, according to our investigation, are involved in the unreasoning of the war in Ukraine, violation of the Geneva agreements, which led to military crimes and crimes against humanity.”
On September 29, 2015, the Hague Tribunal introduced the situation in Ukraine to the case, open one and a half years earlier on the statement of Kyiv about crimes during the Euromaidan, the new statement of the Ukrainian authorities - on the fact of crimes committed on February 20, 2014, when, judging by the memorable medal issued in Russia, the Kremlin began to capture the Crimea.
In total, at least 48 appeals about crimes during Russian aggression against Ukraine were submitted by different applicants in the MUS.
On November 14, 2016, the Bensuda prosecutor in her report recognized that the situation in the annexed by Crimea and Sevastopol is equivalent to the international armed conflict between Ukraine and the Russian Federation. " The Bensi report also spoke about the situation in eastern Ukraine.
On November 16, Vladimir Putin announced the withdrawal of Russia from the jurisdiction of Musa , referring to the corresponding proposal of the Russian Ministry of Justice, "agreed with the Russian Foreign Ministry and other interested federal executive bodies, with the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation, the Prosecutor General of the Russian Federation and the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation." He instructed the Mid to send the UN General Pan Hi Muna, the appropriate notice.