
In St. Petersburg, the transfer of Sampsonievsky Cathedral was completed at the disposal of the Russian Orthodox Church for a period of 49 years. It is reported by Fontanka.ru. On Sunday, at the ceremony, the director of the State Museum -Reserve "Isaacievsky Cathedral", which includes Sampsonievsky, presented the keys to the rector of the church, the former Klyuchar, Archimandrite Serafim (Shkredu).
Burov said that there are not many churches on the Vyborg side, so the transfer of the Sampsoniev Cathedral of the Russian Orthodox Church is necessary. At the same time, he noticed that museum objects remain in the cathedral, which needs to be monitored. Archimandrite Seraphim, in turn, assured that the church has already installed temperature and humidity sensors, and agreements were concluded with travel agencies on excursions.
Metropolitan of St. Petersburg and Ladoga Barsanofius (Sudakov), like other leaders of the diocese, were absent at the ceremony. According to Fontanka.ru, this is due to the stretched relations of clergy with the administration of the museum.
The official decision on the transfer of Sampsonievsky Cathedral of the Russian Orthodox Church was made at the end of August 2016. In addition to the church building itself, clerics receive at their disposal a bell tower, a chapel and a jubilee house.
Church in the name of St. Sampson of the strangely acceptable was laid down by Peter I in 1709 to commemorate the victory in the Battle of Poltava. In 1909, on the 200th anniversary of the battle, she received the status of the cathedral. In 1935, the cathedral was closed; There was a store of a finished dress in the building. During the years of the German-Soviet war, the construction received serious damage and in the post-war years was slowly destroyed. In 1984, the building was transferred to the "Isaacievsky Cathedral" to the Museum, after which it was restored.
In total, four churches were included in the Isaac's Cathedral museum - in addition to Isaac and Sampsoniev Cathedral, this is the Smolny Cathedral and the Temple of the Savior on the Blood. Smolny Cathedral has already been handed over to the Russian Orthodox Church last year. The transfer of Sampsonievsky Cathedral lasted about two years.
In January, it became known that it was decided to give the Russian Orthodox Church for free use and Isaac - also for a period of 49 years. This decision caused serious discontent both in the circles of a democratic opposition and among the museum workers. Nevertheless, the city authorities ignored the protests.