
Today, March 7, law enforcement officers are conducting searches at the International Center for the Roerichs (ICR) in Moscow.
According to the Vice President of the ICR, Alexander Stetsenko, employees of the Ministry of Culture arrived in the IDC, accompanied by representatives of the Investigative Committee (SK).
“From 10 in the morning they pack our legacy. - quotes Stutsenko "New Gazeta" . - The search began without me and our lawyer. This is a disgrace! So the Ministry of Culture selects our museum. We do not even know what paintings they take. I know that they took the picture, which was supposed to be exhibited on March 22 in our museum. The exhibition was prepared with the assistance of the Academy of Arts and other organizations. They break our work! ”
The Vice President of the ICR also said that according to the decision on the seizure of paintings presented by the employees of the UK, searches are carried out as part of the Master Bank case, where the ICRs opened accounts.
“The museum is destroyed, searches are underway. - RIA Novosti told the First Deputy General Director of the Museum named after N.K. Roerich Pavel Zhuraikhin. - About 70 people came to us, they seize more than 200 works. They did not even wait until we open them, hacked the door to the museum. Employees are all locked in the premises. Despite the fact that before a dozen inspections have already been carried out and it was found that the entire legacy is on the spot. ”
According to the press center of the Russian Guard, the investigative actions in the ICR are accompanied by the Moscow riot police.
In the summer of 2016, the Ministry of Culture asked the Prosecutor General’s Office to check the activities of the ICR for extremism, while the ICR stated that the cause of the audit was property disputes around the Lopukhins estate in the center of Moscow, where the organization is located. At the end of last year, the court refused the ICR in a lawsuit to challenge the transfer of the Lopukhins estate to the State Museum of the East.
“We do not comment on this situation, since, as far as we know, investigative measures are carried out as part of the bankruptcy case of the Master Bank and have nothing to do with us,” the Ministry of Culture press service told Interfax today.