
The artistic leaders of several Moscow theaters turned to the head of the Investigative Committee Alexander Bastrykin in defense of the arrested defendants in the “Seventh Studio” case. According to Interfax, the artist of Lenkoma, Mark Zakharov, on Monday, in the TFR, they will transmit an appeal with a request to change the preventive measure. “This is such a humanistic act,” Zakharov explained. Who else signed a letter to Bastrykin is not reported.
The former leaders of the Seventh Studio were arrested in the case: the general producer Alexei Malobrodsky and chief accountant Nina Maslyaeva were sent to the pre -trial detention center, general director Yuri Itin was placed under house arrest. All three are accused of embezzlement of 200 million rubles allocated in 2011-2014 for cultural projects, including for the play "Sleep on a Summer Night", which, according to the investigation, was not delivered. Meanwhile, the production was carried out, the performance received a number of theater awards and is still going on in the Gogol Center.
The head of the Union of Theater Workers, Alexander Kalyagin, spoke out to mitigate the preventive measure Losebrodsky last week. The Board of the Guild of Theater Managers of Russia also asks the Moscow City Court to cancel the decision on the arrest of Malobrodsky.
On June 28, the action of solidarity is planned in Russian theaters: before the start of the performances, the actors and directors will support the defendants of the “Seventh Studio” case, and the video of these performances will be distributed on social networks.
“We demand that it (Malobrodsky. - Ed.) To be released during the investigation, he is not a criminal and was not going to run anywhere,” the initiative group said. “We hope that all the suspicions will be withdrawn and in the end it will become clear that the“ Seventh Studio ”did not spend in vain, all the allocated funds have gone to the performances and other events of the theater.”
The appeal emphasizes that the investigation has no evidence of the guilt of the defendants. “It seems to us that participation in this action as many theaters as possible is important not only for the good name of our comrades, but also for the further fate of the theater brotherhood and the reputation of the whole theatrical business in Russia, questioned, as this can affect, and and applies to other theaters,” the initiators of the share of solidarity write.
They publish the words of Malobrodsky, transferred from prison: “For my whole life - I am 59 years old - I have earned almost anything except my good name. I am afraid that now in the general consciousness there will be a trace:“ And, the same Milobrodsky who stole the money. ”I want to say that he is innocent.”
The founder of the "Seventh Studio", the Kirill Serebrennikov, artistic director Gogol Center, called the situation "ridiculous and monstrous." "Theater, art turned out to be face to face with a gigantic machine, a rather fragile, defenseless, honest people now give some explanations, go to lawyers, are charged, they are searched, they sear them and their parents, someone even sits behind bars, like Alexey Malobrodsky," said Serebrennikov in an interview with Komsomolskaya Pravda.
On May 23, searches on the theft in the “Seventh Studio” were held at various addresses , including the Gogol Center and at Serebrennikov himself. Later on the same day, the directorwas interrogated in the metropolitan head of the TFR . Serebrennikov is a witness in the case.