
In the large Venezuelan city of Valencia, the capital of the Carabobo province, an uprising was suppressed, raised by opposition military men against the usurpation of power by President Nicholas Maduro. It is reported by Reuters.
The appeal of the rebels recorded on the basis in Valencia appeared on the Internet earlier on Sunday. About 20 people in military uniforms were shot in the video; One of them made a statement, which introduced himself as a retired captain of the National Guard Juan Carlos Kagaripano. According to Reuters, he was fired in 2014.
Kagaripano said that the uprising was raised in response to the convocation by the president of the Constituent Assembly - the body, the plenipotentiary of the country's constitution and dissolve the national assembly (parliament). Since 2015, the majority of Venezuela in the National Assembly of Venezuela is an opposition that achieves Maduro's resignation. Meanwhile, the Constituent Assembly of 100 percent consists of supporters of the president, since the opposition was boycotted in this structure.
On Friday, the Prosecutor General of Venezuela Luis Ortega appealed to the court with an idea of the suspension of the work of the Constituent Assembly due to violations during the elections. On Saturday, on the first day of his work, the Constituent Assembly shifted Ortega from his post and decided to put it on trial.
“This is not a military coup,” Kagaripano assured in a video message. “This is a civil and military action to restore the constitutional order. And moreover, to save our country from complete destruction.”
“We demand to immediately form a Provisional Government,” the retired captain said.
After the appeal, hundreds of residents of Valencia went out into the streets in helmets and home -made shields, but already in the middle of the day the police dispersed the demonstrators, using tear gas against them. Meanwhile, in other regions of Venezuela, the statement of Kaguaripano and his comrades did not cause resonance.
The seven military were detained on charges of a “terrorist attack”. What happened to the rest of the persons participating in the recording of the video message is not specified in the publication.
According to local residents, on Saturday evening, on the eve of the opposition military, in the city, shots were heard. It was not a question of the capture of Kaguaripano and his comrades of the base, in the publication of Reuters is not explained.
The Army of Venezuela made a statement in which it called the appeal of the opposition military "propaganda show" undertaken to destabilize the country, and assured Maduro in its loyalty.
The country's authorities described Kagaripano and its comrades as the mercenaries of the opposition supported by the United States, which intends to negate two decades of socialism. "These attacks, planned by madmen in Miami, will only strengthen the morale of our armed forces and the Bolivarian people," said the functionary of the presidential socialist party Elias Haua (Bolivarianism - the official ideology of Venezuela).
Meanwhile, the agency notes, protests against the Maduro regime against the backdrop of the destructive economic crisis have not been subside for four months.