
The scandal of sexual harassment of producer Harvey Weinstein reached Russia. On Thursday, the head of Roskino and the host of Channel One Ekaterina Mcturidze in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter said that she was harassed by the producer.
According to Mcturidze, she first met with Weinstein at the Berlin Film Festival in 2003. The producer invited Mcturidze to the lunch in his room, but she refused. Then he left her his phone number.
The second incident between Mcturidze and Weinstein occurred a year later in Venice. The producer invited the presenter to the meeting in his room, but she suggested talking to the cafe. An assistant to Weinstein came to the meeting, who said that he was not feeling well and offered to go up to the producer number. After they got up, the assistant quickly left the number, and Weinstein went out in a bathrobe and offered to make him massage. The presenter managed to leave the room.
The last time Mcturidze and Weinstein met at the Cannes Film Festival “In 2014 or 2015”. Businessman Leonid Blavatnik, who did not know about their acquaintance, introduced them to each other. At first, Weinstein “behaved as if nothing had happened”, but then Mituridze said quietly “not even to think about telling something about what happened.”
In total, more than 40 women have already announced about the harassment of Weinstein, while the initial publication of the New York Times, with which the scandal began, appeared eight people.
Among the victims of Weinstein were both cinema stars, such as Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Angie Everhart, as well as employees of the American film industry, as well as actresses and models from France, Great Britain, Italy, and Vietnam. Most of them said that Weinstein hinted during harassment that intimacy with him could positively affect their career.
Harrowing, which is known at the time, cover the period from 1980 to 2015.
The Board of Directors of the American Television Academy on Thursday voted for the beginning of the “disciplinary hearings” regarding Weinstein. As expected, the producer will be excluded from among the members at the next assembly of the Academy in early November.
The television academy was the last major association in the industry, which has not yet reacted to the scandal with Weinstein. Previously, he was excluded from the guild of producers, the US Academy, as well as the British BAFTA.
On October 19, the Los Angeles police announced the start of the investigation in connection with Vainstein’s accusations of sexual violence. The police did not specify the details, noting only that we are talking about the incident that occurred in 2013. The media previously wrote that the 38-year-old Italian actress (her name was not called), who was subjected to violent actions from the producer in a hotel room, talked with investigators.
In New York, a similar investigation has been going on for more than a week. After the start of the scandal around the producer, the police resumed a previously closed criminal investigation of the incident that occurred in 2004. The victim on him is actress Lucia Evans. In the UK, law enforcement agencies are investigating three episodes of harassment that occurred in 2010, 2011 and 2015.