
The head of the Catalonia Zhelonia, Carles Puchdemon, will not come to Madrid on Thursday to testify with the Spanish authorities from his post. On Wednesday, November 1, his Belgian lawyer said. Paul Bekaerte previously defended the Basque separatists, the alleged members of the terrorist group, this, whose extradition was required by Madrid. On Tuesday, in an interview with the Dutch television channel, Bekaire explained that his client refuses to go to Spain in connection with the risk of being arrested.
Puchdemon said on Tuesday that he was not in Brussels in order to ask for political asylum. And he assured that the “legal government of Catalonia” would continue to work from Brussels, despite the restrictions related to the strategy of non -violent resistance related to the separatists. Carles Puchdemon arrived in Brussels on Monday, October 30.
The prosecutor's office of Spain threatens to present the Puchdemone and its associates of the rebellion in connection with the organization of the referendum on the independence of Catalonia on October 1. If Puchdemon’s recognition is guilty, he may face a prison term of up to 30 years.