
Shooting in Texas CNN/TwitterOn Sunday, November 5, in the Texas town of Sasraland-Springs with a population of only about 400 people, a mass murder occurred. The offender chose, probably, the only time when residents of the city are gathering together - Sunday service in the local Baptist Church. As a result, at least 26 people were killed, 20 people were injured. According to the police, among the dead - people aged 5 to 72 years.
The attacker, according to preliminary data, is a white man who was dressed in black clothes. He had a machine gun, and he himself defended himself with a body armor. At about 11:30 local time (20:30 in Moscow), he entered the church and opened shooting at parishioners.
After he “shot”, the man got into his car and left Sutzerland-Springs. Later he was found dead in his car in the neighboring district of Guadelup. The causes of the death of the shooter are still being clarified. Initially, information appeared that he was shot dead by the police or committed suicide, but then the police said that an armed citizen shot a man.
According to BBC, the church, before the criminal got into the car, a local resident “grabbed the rifle and began to shoot” on the suspect. But, apparently, unsuccessfully.
The police do not reveal the identity of the criminal, but the press found out that his name was Davin Patrick Kelly and he had previously been dismissed from the US Air Force. According to this information, Kelly in 2010 began serving on the basis of Hollolene in New Mexico, but in 2012 the tribunal opened a case against him for beating his wife and child and later sentenced to 12 months of prison. In 2014, Kelly was unclenched and dismissed from the army.
In the United States, federal legislation prohibits selling weapons to people who were fired from the army for compromising reasons. But, according to CNN sources in the police, Kelly bought a rifle in Texas in 2016, simply indicating the wrong address and lies in the answer to the question of a criminal record in the questionnaire.
Locals told reporters that on Sundays about 50 people come to church. The investigation of the incident is already engaged in the FBI. The representative of the department told reporters that, although only one criminal is known, it is not excluded that he acted as part of the group.
The President of the United States Donald Trump is now on a trip to Asian countries, so he reacted to what happened on Twitter. “Let God help the inhabitants of Suserland-Springs. The FBI and law enforcement agencies work at the scene. I am following the situation from Japan, ”he wrote .
Note that the massacre in Texas occurred only a month after the criminal opened fire on visitors to the open-air festival in Las Vegas. Then 58 people were killed, hundreds were injured. That case was the most bloody “joke” in the history of the United States.
See also: In Texas, ex-military opened shooting at the Baptist Church