
On this day in Nizhny Novgorod, a rally of supporters of Alexei Navalny was planned, who plans to participate in the presidential election in 2018. Navalny and the head of his election headquarters Leonid Volkov believed that the action was agreed, but on the eve of the city hall announced that a sports festival would be held on this site, and Navalny’s rally was not agreed.
In the morning of Navalny, they detained near his house in Moscow and did not allow him to leave for Nizhny Novgorod. Volkova was detained in Nizhny: he himself came to the police station to complain to the police who dismantled the stage prepared for the rally. On the evening of September 29, Navalny and Volkov was released. They were obliged to come to the court on October 2 in Moscow - for consideration of the case of illegal calls for a rally in Nizhny Novgorod.
Simonovsky District Court of Moscow arrested Navalny for 20 days for repeated calls to participate in inconsistent rallies. Volkov Savelovsky District Court also gave 20 days of arrest. Volkov announced a hunger strike.
A message appeared on the blog of Alexei Navalny on October 7, 2017 protests throughout Russia. The largest shares were supposed to be held in Moscow and St. Petersburg.
In the morning, the Moscow City Court released Volkov, deciding that the issue of his arrest for the failed Nizhny Novgorod rally was considering the “improper court”. The case was sent for consideration to Nizhny Novgorod.
At the exit from the Volkov court, they detained a protocol for it under part 8 of Article 20.2 of the Code of Administrative Offenses (repeated violation of the procedure for organizing the action) - he allegedly called through Twitter to participate in an inconsistent rally on October 7. Volkov said that he did not have access to Twitter. Late in the evening of November 5, the Preobrazhensky District Court of Moscow arrested Volkov for 20 days.
Protest actions of Navalny's supporters passed throughout Russia. In 79 cities, up to 21.5 thousand people took to the streets. More than 300 people in 30 cities were detained.
Leonid Volkov was released after 20 days of arrest. On September 29, the Nizhny Novgorod District Court took care of the case of the organization about the organization of the rally in Nizhny Novgorod.
The meeting in Nizhny Novgorod was postponed due to the failure to appear Leonid Volkov. Ivan Zhdanov, head of the legal department of the corruption fund founded by Alexei Navalny, said that the court himself allowed Volkov not to come and send a lawyer in his place.
The court hearing was postponed to a police officer on November 15, which made a protocol against Leonid Volkov.
The meeting was postponed to November 28 due to the failure to appear of the police officer, which drew up the protocol.
The meeting was postponed to December 1 to study the basis on which it was generally considered in Moscow at all.
At the seventh meeting, the Nizhny Novgorod District Court sent Leonid Volkov to arrest for 30 days. The defense of the opposition insisted on his complete innocence. Volkov said that he had already left for about four days during the first arrest, so he would need to stay in the special cost 26 days. However, he will most likely miss the official start of the presidential campaign and the official nomination of candidates: it is assumed that the elections of the President of Russia will be scheduled at a meeting of the Federation Council on December 15, 2017.
Pavel Merzlikin