The Presnensky District Court of Moscow extended until September 30 the arrest of Stavropol resident Vladislav Kuleshov, accused in the case of calls for terrorism and riots in Moscow in 2017. Mediazona reports this.
Lawyer Marina Efimenko, who represented Kuleshov’s interests at the trial to select a preventive measure, told the publication that she was no longer cooperating with the accused. Earlier, Efimenko said that Kuleshov did not want to file a complaint against the arrest and admitted guilt.
- 33-year-old Kuleshov, the database administrator of Energomer JSC, is charged with Part 2 of Article 205.2 of the Criminal Code (public calls for terrorist activities, public justification of terrorism, committed using the Internet ) and Part 3 of Article 212 of the Criminal Code (calls for mass riots or participation in them). He was arrested on May 21.
- Previously, mathematician Dmitry Bogatov was involved in this case - he was accused of calling for terrorist activities and preparing to organize mass riots. The reason was messages on the forum published on the Internet using the Tor node, which Bogatov maintained as an administrator. The mathematician was in pre-trial detention for several months, and in July 2017 he was transferred to house arrest.
- In January 2018, it became known that the forensic center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs did not find any evidence of Bogatov’s guilt. After that, he was released on his own recognizance. On May 17,it became known that the criminal case against Bogatov was dropped.