
The second meeting of the leaders of the United States and the DPRK Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un will take place closer to the end of February, the White House spokesman Sarah Sanders on January 18 following the negotiations of the American leader with the head of the United Front of the Central Committee of the Korea Labor Party Kim Yong Chhol, who flew to Washington, accompanied officials.
“The meeting of Donald Trump with Kim Yong Chople in the Oval office lasted 1 hour 30 minutes,” TASS quoted her. “They discussed Denuclearization [Korean Koluostrov and the second summit, which will be closer to the end of February. The president is impatiently waiting for a meeting with Kim Jong Yon. The place will be announced later.”
Before the meeting with Trump, the envoy held consultations with US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo in one of the hotels of the American capital, after which both went to the White House.
Upon completion of negotiations with Trump, Pompeo was invited by Kim Yong Chol and the DPRK delegation to the working lunch, said the deputy head of the press service of the State Department Robert Palladino.
According to unconfirmed reports, Kim Yong Chol can also meet with the director of the CIA Gina Haspel, who in recent months began to play a more active role in negotiations with the DPRK, writes The Washington Post .
Earlier, the South Korean media wrote that in the course of a meeting with Kim Yong Cholle, a partial cancellation of sanctions against the DPRK in exchange for the liquidation or export of intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of delivering a nuclear warhead to the continental territory of the United States. It was also reported that the head of the DPRK delegation is likely to be lucky for the next message from Trump from Kim Jong -un.
On January 6, Trump said that the United States was negotiating about the place of his second meeting with the leader of the DPRK. At the same time, he emphasized that there is no question of lifting the sanctions from the DPRK.
Earlier, Kim Jong -un, in his New Year's appeal to the residents of the DPRK , said that he was ready to meet with Trump at any time, but warned the United States that they should not have the patience of the DPRK in anticipation of the response steps of their negotiations in the removal of international sanctions, otherwise his country would be forced to "inevitably look for an alternative course."
The next day, Trump said that he received another letter from the DPRK leader, calling him wonderful.
Historical summit and its consequences
Recall, according to the results of the first in the history of the Semlian of the US leaders and the DPRK, held in Singapore on June 12, Trump and Kim Jong -un signed a joint document in which Pyongyang assumed the Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula in exchange for guarantees of security guarantees by Washington. However, the parties did not discuss any deadlines, agreeing that this should be determined during subsequent negotiations.
In mid -November, Kim Jong -un personally instructed the tests of the new advanced tactical weapons, which were successfully conducted at the training ground at the Academy of Defense Sciences. In addition, it was reported that the Washington Center for Strategic and International Studies found 13 missile bases in the DPRK, the existence of which is hidden in Pyongyang.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo last year several times visited Pyongyang. His next meeting with Kim Yong Chople was planned at the beginning of November, but then suddenly was canceled due to the "discrepancy of the graphs."
On December 5, Trump's assistant to National Security John Bolton said that, according to the American leader, Kim Jong-un does not fulfill his obligations, so it is necessary to conduct another American-Sevan-Korean summit.