
On the Oranienbaum highway in Peterhof restored the church of St. Seraphim of Sarov, built by personal order of Emperor Nicholas II. This was reported by the press service of KGIOP.
In 1904, when Tsesarevich Alexei was born, “halfway between the Peterhof Palace and the own cottage of the imperial surname” first built a wooden five -kupol chapel, and then the Stone Church was erected. In the 1920s, there was a secret monastic community, where they took tonsure, working in the world. Services in the cathedral, presumably, took place until 1932, after which the inhabitants of the monastery and the priest were repressed.
During the Great Patriotic War, the building was badly damaged: the bell tower and the heads were destroyed. In 1952, the building was handed over to Petrodvoretorg to trading warehouses, changing internal and external decoration: a cargo elevator passed through the altar, the walls were increased, a boiler room with a pipe was added to the facade. Now in the territory of 13 buildings existing at the beginning of the 20th century, only a brick church has been preserved.
In 2010, according to the KGIOP program, specialists began to restore the temple. For ten years, the five -year -old and bell tower were recreated there, the facades were restored. In 2021, they plan to restore “barbarously destroyed in the Soviet period” inside the church, said the chairman of the KGIOP Sergey Makarov.
252.8 million rubles were spent on work from the budget of St. Petersburg.





Earlier, “Paper” told how local historians from “Gang” washed the stove on Petrogradskaya from eleven layers of paint. Artemy Lebedev helped to pay for the work. Read also how two businessmen restored the communal apartment on the horse street and opened historical apartments there.
In addition, the “paper” interviewed the co -founder of the project “ Stained -ups of St. Petersburg: inventory ” of art critic Tatyana Knyazhitskaya. The volunteers went around the entire Vasilievsky Island and created a map of "stained glass addresses."