The Samara human rights activist Alexander Kruglov was searched by FSB officers. The reason for the investigative measures was publications on VKontakte, allegedly containing “statements that have linguistic and psychological signs of calls for a violent change in the foundations of the current political system.” The search is reported by the Idel.Realii publication.
According to Kruglov, the security forces came in the morning, presenting the decision of the Samara District Court for a search. According to the document, we are talking about some publications in the All-Russian Communist Party (b) community made in 2019 by unknown persons. It is possible that investigative actions are taking place within the framework of the article on calls for extremist activity (Article 280 of the Criminal Code), but there is no exact information about this.
The human rights activist is now being tried as a witness in the case. He stated that the security forces mentioned his work at OAO Volgaenergopromstroyproekt, a large organization from whose computers the records appearing in the case were allegedly placed.
Kruglov added that in February he had already been summoned for interrogation after posting these publications, but he was not shown the posts themselves either then or now.
“All electronic means of communication were confiscated from me, including my phone and laptop. I asked: “Why are you seizing the laptop? You have written that the publications of 2019, and the laptop was purchased this year. What do you want to find there?” And they say to me: “Maybe there is child pornography there.” I told them that until now she had not been there. Does that mean she will show up? the human rights activist told the publication.
Idel.Realii notes that Kruglov was engaged in protecting some well-known activists in Samara: for example, the leader of the Civil Initiative and the organizer of many rallies, Natalia Baranova, and the candidate for deputy of the Samara District Council in the 2020 elections, Ekaterina Demina, who is fighting for recognition of the election results invalid.
September 15 15:50
The investigation returned the things seized during the search on August 26 to human rights activist Alexander Kruglov. This is reported by Idel.Realii.
The investigator did not give an explanation as to why they made such a decision. Kruglov himself believes that they simply did not find anything in his things indicating a connection with any crime. At the same time, the human rights activist believes that “magicians from a well-known three-letter office” could “stuff anything” into his electronic devices. He intends to check the technique with the help of specialists.