
Chumakovskaya street is located in the Central District of the city of Kursk, starting from Dzerzhinsky Street, it ends with the intersection with Malinova Street. Chumakovskaya Street was laid even according to the General Plan of the city of Kursk of 1782. For the entire time of its existence, the street has never changed its name. In the old days, natives from Ukraine lived here, who drove bread in Crimea on oxen in Crimea, and brought fish and salt that were traded to our city from the peninsula. The name of the street is also connected with the activity of local residents, because the “Chumaki” was called peasants who were engaged in the transportation of salt, fish, bread and other goods.
Chumakovskaya street begins with two five -story buildings, under numbers 1 and 3, they were built in 1985 and 1982, respectively. On the contrary, on the even side of the street, there are two houses built before the revolution. The house under number 8 is today divided into three apartments, at the house under number 14, today one owner, before the revolution, the building belonged to the merchant I. I. Pisakov.
At the address: Chumakovskaya street, house 9, is the Kursk boarding school for children with disabilities. Today it is the only educational institution of the Kursk region in which deaf and hearing -impaired children study. The origin of this educational institution is associated with the chicken Alexander Mikhailovich Khlebnikov, who in 1918 made a proposal to open a school for deaf -mute.
The school for deaf and healess was opened on Chumakovskaya Street in 1920. The teaching staff of the educational institution consisted of six teachers, there were 27 students, the youngest was 6 years old, the oldest was 17. The building in which the boarding school is located today was built in 1936. Before the start of the Second World War at the school, there were already 250 students. School training lasted nine years, and, in addition to general educational subjects, the children studied the carpentry and locksmith.
During the Great Patriotic War, the school was evacuated to Kazakhstan. In the building of the boarding school, the Germans opened a hospital. Retreating from Kursk, the Nazis burned the building so that only stone walls survived. Since March 1943, classes for hearing-impaired children were held in a residential building at the address: Gogol Street, 21. Since 1946, classes were held at the Pioneers' House until the building on the Chumakovskaya was restored in 1950.
A native of Chumakovskaya Street is the famous Russian mathematician Joasaf Ivanovich Chistyakov. The future professor of Moscow State University was born in 1870 in the family of a priest. Chistyakov’s childhood and youth passed in a one -story house located at 10 Chumakovskaya, unfortunately, this building has not been preserved today. But the memoirs of Joasaph Ivanovich were preserved, in which he speaks of Chumakovskaya as follows: “The life of the street began in the early morning. First, a herd was driven to the pasture on it, then merchants, and especially merchants, which loudly shouted the names of the vegetables, fruits, pies or other worships. Sellers of manufactories, boxes with matter and haberdashery and so on appeared. ”
Despite the fact that there were many merchants on the Chumakovskaya, there were practically no commercial institutions before the revolution, the exception was the Volosaev shop, where food was sold, primarily meat and fish.
Unfortunately, the house of hard work has not been preserved to date. The first owner of the building, which was on the site of the boarding school for the hearing impaired, was the rich chicken of Sveshnikov. At the end of the year before last, the Kursk charitable society discovered here the house of hard work, in which orphans studied literacy and crafts. Professional training of children was carried out in shoe, turning, carpentry and other workshops. In the 1920s, the former house of Sveshnikov became the first building for the dumb school.
On Chumakovskaya Street among the private sector are two two -story apartment buildings - 33a and 33b. These houses were built in 1954-1955. Despite their age, houses make it clear that in the early 1950s, housing had not yet been built massively, so attention was paid to the decor of even the simplest houses.
During the First World War, the city of Kursk became one of the places where the inhabitants of the Western provinces of the Russian Empire fled. So our city has become a temporary refuge for representatives of various nationalities, including for refugees-lady. In addition, it was in Kursk that the Riga plant of agricultural vehicles was evacuated. The Latvian Diaspora formed in the capital of the Solovynye Territory needed a coordinating organization, so in 1917 the Kursk committee of the Latvian colony appeared, which helped fellow countrymen arrange their lives in evacuation. The committee is located on Chumakovskaya Street, in the house number 35. Fortunately, the two -story building has been preserved to the present.
Also today, a two -story house of the merchant Novopolsky (Chumakovskaya, 39), built before the revolution, has been preserved on the Chumakovskaya.
Despite the fact that in the past 30 years, new cottages began to appear on Chumakovskaya Street, age -related development has been preserved. Of course, first of all, this is due to the lack of developers, so the construction of a high -rise building would definitely cause a serious blow to the private sector. After some time, a multi -storey building will build a multi -storey building on Bocharov Street, so there is every reason to worry about the appearance of Chumakovskaya Street.