After Vladimir Putin announced the mobilization, the head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, said: "We will fulfill the order of the head of state by 100%." On the same day, a rally against mobilization was held in the republic. This, according to the authors of the podcast "freedom (not) around the corner", is practically the first action against the authorities during the years of Kadyrov's rule.
In the morning, local residents gathered at the Heart of Chechnya mosque in Grozny. The area was immediately cordoned off, and all those gathered were detained. According to the 1ADAT telegram channel, 130 participants were detained at the rally. The head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, said that there were 15-20 detainees, and all of them were "enemies of the people" who "received money from European organizations."
Several protesters were held for about a day, and their sons were forced to go "volunteer" to the war. According to Kadyrov, they have already been mobilized and sent to Ukraine. The head of Chechnya threatened that the husbands and children of those who went to the rallies would be sent "to the front line."
Against this background, the number of applications for obtaining a passport has increased in the republic. And telegram channels began to publish videos from the “wires” at the military registration and enlistment offices and lists of conscripts, some of whom had just turned 18 years old.
The next day, September 22, Ramzan Kadyrov announced that there would be no mobilization in the region, since it had already been overfulfilled by 254%. Also, according to him, there is a reserve of thousands of volunteers in the republic. The head of Chechnya urged mothers to "keep calm".
“Such indicators were achieved earlier thanks to the formation of new units of the Russian Defense Ministry. All candidates for service went through the military commissariat. We worked out this mechanism from the very beginning, even before the announcement of partial mobilization. As for those who beat their chests, shouting that they are a patriot, but left Russia for the period of mobilization, then for such cowardly scum the way back should be closed forever, ”Kadyrov wrote.
On Friday, it was decided to hold a rally in Grozny in support of mobilization and war. On the central square of the city, people's phones were checked, and military armored vehicles "Federal" were on duty nearby.
In Dagestan, on September 21, reserve servicemen were forbidden to leave their place of residence, even without mobilization orders and summonses. The companies were ordered to dismiss the mobilized and ensure their appearance at the military registration and enlistment offices by the deadline specified in the agendas. Those who were fired from contract service are also subject to mobilization.
On the second day of mobilization, residents of the village of Babayurt blocked the federal highway. Several people gathered at the local military registration and enlistment office. There was a skirmish with one of the employees of the institution.
In Ingushetia, the subpoenas began to be distributed on 22 September. In the capital of the republic, Magas, district police officers, if they did not find recruits, left a summons at the door. The head of Ingushetia, Mahmud-Ali Kalimatov, said that the military registration and enlistment offices work around the clock. To mobilize citizens, he said, the entire municipal resource will be fully involved.
Source: "freedom is (not) around the corner"
To get top news faster, subscribe to our telegram and twitter .