Deputy head of the Main Military-Political Directorate of the Ministry of Defense and commander of the Chechen special forces "Akhmat" Apti Alaudinov confirmed on Thursday on the air of the political show "Time Will Tell" on Channel One that conscripts remain on the border in the Kursk region.
A Defense Ministry representative confirmed on Channel One that conscripts remain on the border in Kursk Oblast
— News "Agency" (@agents_media) August 14, 2024
Deputy head of the Main Military-Political Directorate of the Ministry of Defense and commander of the Chechen special forces "Akhmat" Apti Alaudinov on Thursday on the air of the political show "Time... pic.twitter.com/QPldaWIJaf
Details . Alaudinov, answering a question from host Ruslan Ostashko about the situation in Sudzha, said that there are units of both the Russian Defense Ministry and the Ukrainian Armed Forces there. "There are active clashes there every day. The enemy cannot say that he controls Sudzha, because he does not really control it," he said. After that, Alaudinov commented on the situation on the border of the Kursk region.
Context : Russian authorities used conscripts, territorial defense, border guards and Akhmat units to defend the border in Kursk Oblast. As previously reported by Agency, such a scheme for defending the region was devised a year ago to protect against raids by small groups, but these forces were unable to repel the advance of the regular Ukrainian army.