On March 31, the building of the Transfiguration Church on Aptekarsky Island, built in 1840-1845. according to the project of K.A. Ton, was officially transferred to the St. Petersburg diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church. According to the site Pravoslavie.Ru , "the church was closed in 1930 and converted into a laboratory of physical acoustics of the Leningrad Electrotechnical Institute (LETI). The domes of the temple were demolished, the iconostasis was destroyed, Bryullov's paintings were painted over (according to other sources, they were destroyed), some of the vaults were broken, and old windows were laid on the facade and new ones were pierced in. The entire interior space was divided by new ceilings and partitions. The remains of the officers were thrown out, and a pool for experiments was arranged at the place of their burial.
During the Great Patriotic War, the headquarters of the commander of the Baltic Fleet, Admiral V.F., was located here. Tributs. A bomb shelter was built behind the altar of the temple, which has survived to this day.
Chapel of St. Alexander Nevsky was demolished in Soviet times, but the place where she stood, and the site of the square remained undeveloped. In 2005, the city authorities of St. Petersburg reacted positively to the initiative of the St. Petersburg diocese to restore this chapel.
Last year, a parish of the church was formed, and Archpriest Igor Yushin was appointed rector. At present, the church has been completely liberated by the Electrotechnical University."
Sources