The state prosecution claims that Sergei Udaltsov, Leonid Razvozzhaev and Konstantin Lebedev received 50 thousand rubles each for organizing mass riots on Bolotnaya Square in May last year.
On Monday in the Moscow City Court, when announcing the indictment against Konstantin Lebedev, prosecutor Mikhail Reznichenko said that the defendants in the case of mass unrest received 50 thousand rubles each from the Georgian politician Givi Targamadze.
“150 thousand rubles were allocated for campaign materials, and 80 thousand rubles were allocated to increase the number of protest participants from other regions,” the prosecutor said. The defendants received 50 thousand rubles each as personal remuneration, he said.
The state prosecutor added that after the riots, the defendants received a sum of money in the amount of 603 thousand rubles to organize new riots.
Sergei Udaltsov, Leonid Razvozzhaev and Konstantin Lebedev are involved in the case of preparing mass riots in Russia, initiated after the screening of the NTV channel film “Anatomy of a Protest - 2” . In mid-October 2012, all three were charged under Part 1 of Article 30 and Part 1 of Article 212 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (“Preparation for organizing mass riots”). On October 18, Lebedev was arrested for two months and placed in a pre-trial detention center. Later, his period of detention was extended, but on February 13, the Basmanny Court of Moscow transferred Lebedev from the pre-trial detention center to house arrest . Udaltsov was released on his own recognizance, but on February 9, 2013, he was also placed under house arrest. Razvozzhaev fled the country, but was soon kidnapped in Kyiv by Russian special services and also arrested. In February 2013, Georgian MP Givi Targamadze was charged under the same articles. He was arrested in absentia and put on the international wanted list .
According to investigators, Lebedev, Udaltsov, Razvozzhaev and Targamadze organized clashes on Bolotnaya Square on May 6, 2012 . After that, throughout 2012, they continued their illegal activities - they organized “training camps” in different regions of Russia, recruited participants in the planned riots, and so on.
In early April, Konstantin Lebedev admitted his guilt , his case will be considered in a special manner, the trial will begin without a preliminary hearing. Today, the Moscow City Court extended Lebedev's house arrest for another six months .