The head of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation, Alexander Bastrykin, said that “Instagram should be closed,” because with his help, “a terrorist attack was committed in Leningrad.” The FSB previously reported that an explosion was organized in the St. Petersburg metro on April 3, 2017 using the Telegram messenger.
According to RBC , Bastrykin made a statement, speaking at a congress of commissioners for children's rights. He said that an information war is being waged against Russia and that foreign experience should be looked at.
“In Turkey, instead of Yandex, Google has its own work information system for children. And we can't even close Instagram. And by the way, Instagram should be closed, because last year the terrorist attack in Leningrad was carried out with the help of Instagram, ”said the head of the Investigative Committee.
“We say: let's shorten the formal long procedure for closing sites and programs. No, we've been dragging on for years. And now they told me that Instagram is suing the state. This is a complete distortion of the situation,” Bastrykin said.
In April, the court ruled to block the Telegram service in Russia in connection with the refusal to transfer encryption keys from users' correspondence to the FSB. The security forces were interested in the reports of the terrorists who staged an explosion in the St. Petersburg metro on April 3, 2017.
Read the best texts of The New Times and breaking news Telegram in
Dmitry Rogozin as a mirror of the defense industry
“The priority for Putin is to maintain a balance between the clans”