
The Ministry of Defense officially called the collapse of the entrance of a 10-storey residential building on Shchors Street in Belgorod by the result of the fall of the wreckage of the Ukrainian Point-U missile shot down by the Russian air defense.
“At about 11:40 MSK, a terrorist attack was made in the Kyiv regime on residential quarters of the city of Belgorod using the Tactical Missile Complex“ Point-U ”, reactive systems of volley fire“ alder ”and RM-70“ Vampire ”. During the reflection of the attack by Russian air defense systems, six Point-Us, four Vampire MLRS rockets and two reactive shells of the Olha MLRS were destroyed. Fragments of one of the shot down missiles of the Point-U TRC are damaged in the city of Belgorod, ”the agency said in a statement.
Earlier, the Governor of the Belgorod Region Vyacheslav Gladkov stated that the entrance of the house was destroyed “as a result of a direct hit of the projectile” released by the Armed Forces.
At the same time, Telegram channels have already managed to put forward their versions of what happened. The Z-channel "Revenge of goodwill" wrote that the blow was inflicted "most likely by aviation from the Akhtyr district of the Sumy region." The Shot Telegram channel, citing an anonymous source, said that the Aasm Hammer controlled airbrush was used during the attack, and the goal was near the thermal power station. The Two Majors Z-channel, citing anonymous sources, even announced the destruction of the Ukrainian Su-27 aircraft, which allegedly fired at Belgorod with two controlled air bombs.
Ukrainian military expert Alexander Kovalenko from the video, which captures the moment of the explosion, suggested that a Russian concrete bomb had fallen on the building.
As The Insider wrote earlier, this week Russian troops began an offensive in the border regions of the Kharkov region and were able to occupy several settlements in the so -called “gray zone”, where there was no organized Ukrainian defense. To the nearest of them, Gatishch, from Belgorod a little more than 50 km, to Kharkov - a little less than 100.
The wreckage of the Point-U rocket already fell on the Belgorod region in July 2022. Then 4 people died.
Earlier, at least two cases of falling on Belgorod and the region of Russian bombs in two days were reported .
On May 3, in the area of the village of Krutoy Log, the Belgorod region found the Fab-250 air bomb. There were no victims and destruction, to extract an unexploded bomb did not have to evacuate local residents. In the daily arrow of the shelling, the governor of the region Vyacheslav Gladkov fell into the air bomb to fall. He previously reported such cases, calling the bombs "explosive objects."
On May 4, the Russian plane again dropped a bomb on the Belgorod residents, this time it was FAB-500. The bomb exploded in the private sector of Belgorod, seven people were injured, including a child. Gladkov called it an “explosion” without explaining the reason, and included this in the general summary of the “strokes inflicted by the Armed Forces”.
The Armed Forces of Ukraine really use adjustable air bombs equipped with JDAM modules, as well as AASM Hammer -launched GLSDB bombs, which are still launched from the Earth, but they have not yet been reported about the use of them throughout Russia. It is believed that the Western countries forbid Ukraine to use the weapons transferred by them for blows to the international recognized territory of Russia, but these agreements are not public, therefore it is not known which ammunition is being discussed.
The entrance of a 10-story residential building fell on May 12. Already known at least about 20 victims and 16 saved from the rubble. The building continues to collapse, due to the collapse of the roof, three rescuers received injuries.